Open the TDDP homepage using the link https://portal.tern.org.au/
The homepage will display the list of themes available for TERN data.
There are 9 themes available for selection as below;
- Carbon, Water and Atmosphere Fluxes - data from automated instruments about energy, carbon, water exchange between atmosphere and key Australian ecosystems.
- Biological Ecosystem Processes - Human and sensor observational data.
- Remote Sensing - Remotely sensed spatial data products from across the continent using satellite and airborne platforms.
- Soil and Landscape Grid - Fine-scaled soil and landscape attribute gridded data products.
- Ecosystem Surveillance Monitoring Plots - Observation data and specimens collected via standardized survey methods from hundred of plot sites.
- Researcher and Government Datasets - Ecological plot survey, monitoring and experimental study data from state agencies and other agencies.
- ACEAS Synthesis Products - ACEAS synthesis products derived from both disciplinary and interdisciplinary integration, synthesis and modelling of ecosystem data (ceased July 2014).
- Climate and Bioclimatic Grid - Modelled climate and bioclimatic variables derived from surface observations (ceased July 2018).
- Long Term Ecological Research Network - Ecological plot data from a network of long term ecological research sites (ceased September 2018).
Select the desired theme to access the data, it should look as below; (Eg. Remotes sensing
You can filter the data search based on the dates (temporal search), region (States and territories, climate zone, Biogeographic region etc.) and License.
Select the data from the data search result generated.
There are 2 options to access the data,
a) Add to Favourites - You can add your desired data to this to access it at a later time, it will be saved to 'My Favourites' (this is stored in your cache)
b) View Metadata - Select this to view metadata instantly
Selecting 'View Metadata' will open a new tab displaying the metadata details.
You can access the data with the unique url provided at the top right hand corner as 'Access data'.